Welcome to my blog! Yes I am that feathery creature of the night that you've most likely seen at the latest opening of a bar, launch party, burlesque night or stuffing my face full of food! I review Sydney's offerings of things to eat, drink and everything in between. I enjoy trying out the weird, the wonderful, the wacky, the quirky or just plain fun. Life's far too short to not give everything a go just once! Hopefully I'll give you some great ideas to try out. Go to my new site: www.missfeathers.com.au

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chaos

We've been here once before for a brunch that was very tasty and not too pricey. There aren't that many places around the Cremorne/ Neutral Bay/ Mosman area that fulfill all the requirements of being cheap, tasty and funky or a little bit interesting in some way. Chaos fulfills all of these requirements. I love the crazy mosaic on the floor and the brightly painted chairs. It's airy and always packed by regulars.


I ordered the chicken burritos (beef is also available). The filling was extremely tasty, with just the right amount of chilli. The crispness of the outside of the burrito and the softness of the inside contrasted nicely to the fresh guacamole and salad. It was just what I was in the mood for. Some Mexican food can be a bit stodgy, with too much cheese, sour cream and no side salad. I was very happy that my meal was none of these.


The boy ordered the chipotele quaesidillas. These were also served alongside a fresh side salad, with a mango chutney on top of it, which I really enjoyed tasting (he liked it too). His quaesidillas were quite hot (as in chilli content), so a warning has to come with this one. Both plates were empty by the time we left Chaos, however, I think I preferred by best.


Judging by the fact that this is my second visit, I think this it's pretty safe assumption to be had that I like this place. The service wasn't exactly spot on, but I didn't mind it being a little bit chaotic once we got our meals.

Chaos Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment