Welcome to my blog! Yes I am that feathery creature of the night that you've most likely seen at the latest opening of a bar, launch party, burlesque night or stuffing my face full of food! I review Sydney's offerings of things to eat, drink and everything in between. I enjoy trying out the weird, the wonderful, the wacky, the quirky or just plain fun. Life's far too short to not give everything a go just once! Hopefully I'll give you some great ideas to try out. Go to my new site: www.missfeathers.com.au

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Moltofino

Moltofino, Dee Why


So, there are a lot of restaurants/ cafes on the Dee Why beachfront. My friends and I often stroll down this patch. The location alone secures them a lot of customers. We were in the mood for a tasty lunch to have a great gossip over, while escaping from the horrible weather we've been having in Sydney in this month. We randomly picked Moltofino, as the rain made us dash into the closest building.

One friend ordered the Salt and Pepper Squid (Fried in Szechuan Pepper with Pear & Fennel Salad). This was the only meal that was plated well, but even for this meal I felt no desire to whip out a camera to take any photos. This meal was described as ok, but the batter wasn't very nice.

Another friend had the Vegetarian Risotto (Tomato Based with Shaved Parmesan). Similar to my meal, this was described as a bit bland and not very exciting. Not bad enough to complain about, but just very ordinary. I ordered from the specials menu. Friend number 3 and I ordered the same meal of rigatoni with olives, sardines and grilled capsicum in a tomato sauce. It came out of the kitchen and I have to say that I wasn't feeling very excited about eating it. There was no garnish. It looked like something you would whip up at home from leftovers from the fridge. However, if I had made it at home it would have a). tasted better and b). looked better. It was fine. Ok. Just. Although, I would also like to point out the difference between penne and rigatoni pasta to their chef. Maybe they ran out of rigatoni? I hate to be a food snob, but the food was just plain boring. Maybe we had come on a bad day? Maybe the Moltofino dinner menu is a lot better? Having great view of Dee Why Beach is a plus, but they need to work on the food to match the location. We decided the only thing to do was to go and grab an ice cream to forget about the whole experience.


Penne
Rigatoni






Moltofino on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. An Italian restaurant that doesn't know it's pasta! Uh oh. Watch out. I've been there before. I had a good dinner there once and an average dinner. It's a bit hit and miss at Moltofino. Not ever bad, just uninspired.

    ReplyDelete