Welcome to my blog! Yes I am that feathery creature of the night that you've most likely seen at the latest opening of a bar, launch party, burlesque night or stuffing my face full of food! I review Sydney's offerings of things to eat, drink and everything in between. I enjoy trying out the weird, the wonderful, the wacky, the quirky or just plain fun. Life's far too short to not give everything a go just once! Hopefully I'll give you some great ideas to try out. Go to my new site: www.missfeathers.com.au

Monday, October 25, 2010

Try out a "meetup"

Want to try something new? Friends seeming a bit boring? Want to push your comfort levels? Well get into meetups. It’s a great way to make new friends and try new or weird things. Although, I will point out that some meetups are better organized than others. With some meetups, the organizer hasn’t created any events for months, or they forgot they had even created one. Oops. 

But if it wasn’t a bit hit and miss, where would the fun be? There’s no guarantee as to the type of people that are going to turn up, or the quality of the events. But even if the people all turn out to be a bit of a snore, what better way is there to brush up on your “I’m listening to you intently face?” Great practice for your next date or work meeting. Or you could find all about someone’s lint collection or the fact that they break out in a sweat at the thought of eating food that is the colour orange…

Some ones that I like:

This one is a bit of fun. You get to eat some very yummy food at a secret location. Unless you byo a friend, chances are you’ll be eating with a stack-load of strangers. I say just hit up the alcohol if you get an unlucky table. The Seafood night I went to was great, and my table full of new friends ended up stumbling to the Winery in Surry Hills afterwards. Good night, well… the parts that I remember.

This is quite an active meetup, with lots of activities posted. So there’s most likely going to be something you’re interested in.

There’s also ones dedicated to boozing it up, reading it up, as well as other activities like salsa dancing in Sydney. I say give one a go, just to see what you think.


2 comments: